- NASA astronaut Jessica Meir posted an incredible Hanukkah greeting from the 250 miles previously mentioned Earth to social media on Sunday.
- Her Instagram and Twitter posts featured Meir carrying festive socks within the Global Space Station overlooking the planet.
- “Joyful Hanukkah to all individuals who celebrate it on Earth!” she wrote in a caption together with the photograph.
- The pictures have garnered tens of countless numbers of likes and feedback from social media people also celebrating the 8-working day Jewish pageant of lights.
- Take a look at Company Insider’s homepage for extra tales.
NASA astronaut Jessica Meir posted an amazing Hanukkah greeting from the 250 miles previously mentioned Earth.
Meir, who is of Swedish-Israeli descent and grew up in the US, posted the awe-inspiring image to Instagram and Twitter on the initial night time of Hanukkah, featuring a pair of getaway-themed socks which experienced Hanukkah emblems together with the hanukkiah (candelabra) and the Star of David.
Her festive footwear is found from inside of the International Space Station, the place she is presently functioning aboard as section of NASA’s Expedition sixty one and sixty two. The area station orbits Earth from 250 miles above.
“Pleased Hanukkah to all people who celebrate it on Earth!” she wrote in a caption alongside the picture.
Meir, who also posted the picture to Twitter, has gained tens of thousands of likes and responses from men and women around the environment also celebrating the eight-day Jewish competition of lights.
The International Area Station adopted up on Twitter with a season’s greeting that includes Meir and her fellow astronauts Christina Koch, Drew Morgan, and Commander Luca Parmitano, who are all paying the holidays apart from their households.
“As a boy or girl growing up, I was privileged enough to rejoice two diverse holiday seasons all as a result of the holiday year, the two Christmas and Hanukkah,” she claimed in the video message.
“So whichever it is you might be celebrating this holiday getaway period, we hope that you uncover peace and appreciate, and take pleasure in paying time with those people all over you who are crucial.”
—Intl. House Station (@House_Station) December 23, 2019
Meir and Koch executed the first-woman spacewalk in Oct, spending hours exterior the International House Station to repair a defective battery component. It was Meir’s first spacewalk and Koch’s fourth.
In accordance to Company Insider’s Morgan McFall-Johnsen, spacewalks, formally named extravehicular activities or EVAs, are program nevertheless dangerous functions. During these jobs, the astronauts place on cumbersome spacesuits and stage outdoors the ISS.
The ISS has executed 220 spacewalks because its building in December 1998.