Many thanks to a Twitter bug yesterday, our BN Bulls Twitter account received restricted as though it were an automated spam bot. Evidently a substantial chunk of accounts had been erroneously flagged, which is a bummer for any selection of good reasons, but for us, the noticeable a single is that we just cannot tweet. And it just seems to be negative. But the system of receiving things mounted is 1 of all those enormous black packing containers wherever you have no plan if there’s yet another human on the other facet, who can just acquire two seconds to glimpse at the account and say, oh, wait, yeah, this is regular. So anyway, if you see the warning about the account or surprise why we have not tweeted for a working day, that is why. We’re doing the job on it as most effective we can!
• The Pirates are one particular of the worst MLB groups in quite a few a long time, and they have elevated their year get whole, in the last 7 days of the period, by 13.3% in the very last two days from the Cubs. Sure, the Cubs had some awful BABIP luck final evening, and sure the evening right before was a wander-off. Both video games have been made the decision by only a one operate. Yada yada yada. I get all that. But none of it improvements the truth that the Cubs obtained owned by a pitching personnel that has been horrible this 12 months. Trevor Williams, whodominatedthe Cubs final night time, came into that start with a 6.70 Era, and experienced authorized 30 Operates in his earlier five begins.
• So, yeah. We’re permitted to be concerned and annoyed. Much more on this topic shortly. The Cubs will attempt to break up the 4-game series with the Pirates commencing in just a pair several hours. It is an early one particular nowadays.
• At least Kyle Hendricks completed his calendar year by dominating a crew he ought to dominate – individuals two initially inning homers did the Cubs in, while:
Kyle Hendricks potential customers @MLB in innings pitched (eighty one.one) and sales opportunities the NL in BB/nine (.89).@NationalPro pic.twitter.com/Vx4YnrgHLy
— Chicago Cubs (@Cubs) September 24, 2020
• When tutorial league begins future month, here’s some thing to keep in head in relation to irrespective of whether Brailyn Marquez has been known as up and set on the 40-male roster:
No forty-man roster players in coaching camps that will just take place right after season, union claims. With @EvanDrellich: https://t.co/QgfSfFtQuc
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) September 23, 2020
• So, if Marquez ended up put on the forty-person for the ultimate number of days of the period and the postseason, he could not then come to tutorial ball. Which would truly suck. It’s nonetheless worth bringing him up if you assume there is a good opportunity he can aid and you imagine there’s almost no opportunity it’s a critical danger to his progress. But if you’re on the fence, this is just yet another factor suggesting it may possibly not be well worth the chance when you are talking about the Cubs’ initial prime-of-the-rotation pitching prospect in a ten years.
• Top draft decide Ed Howard is expected to be at tutorial ball for the Cubs this yr, and is it just me, or does it previously search like he’s set on some fantastic bodyweight:
Ed Howard using BP for the #WednesdayNightLights crew – pic.twitter.com/Idchv5SJv6
— Chicago Scouts Assoc (@ChiScoutsAssoc) September 17, 2020
• Then yet again, probably it just seems like he has mainly because the large majority of video clip we have of his amateur job is from when he was a junior in high school or more youthful, which was nicely more than a calendar year in the past. Just more of the weirdness that is 2020.
• Speaking of prospects and the weirdness of this year, look at out this considerable as-of-yet-unresolved difficulty:
Norwood will have a single and Brothers will not.
The actual surprise would be if Alzolay is supplied another, for each AZ Phil pic.twitter.com/jHva97B6bK
— Cubs Potential customers – Bryan Smith (@cubprospects) September 23, 2020
• We have extensive been assuming this calendar year would be Adbert Alzolay’s ultimate selection yr. That may perhaps not wind up mattering if he seems like he did the other night, mainly because at that stage he’s plainly a single of your most effective thirteen pitchers and he’s producing the Cubs out of camp future year anyway. But in the celebration that you did want to be able to solution him to AAA Iowa, now there’s a large open up problem about whether he truly DOES qualify for an additional solution calendar year up coming season simply because of the shortened framework of this yr. I have gotta believe that this problem was expected by the union when they place jointly the March Arrangement, which governs this time (but this situation does not show up in the textual content of that settlement). So, I guess for now we progress on the considering that Alzolay is out of choices … with an asterisk that possibly he’s not.
• I know you are going to have jokes, but this is legitimately a terrific achievement for any player:
Congrats to Cubs infielder @DanielDescalso on recently reaching ten decades of major league support.
— Mark Gonzales (@MDGonzales) September 23, 2020
• Getting to ten years means a great deal for a guy’s long run health and fitness treatment and pension, and it is just a single of people objectives a great deal of extensive-time gamers (non-stars) shoot for. Also, the Cubs could’ve DFA’d Descalso at any issue this yr, but alternatively saved him on the 45-working day IL. The value to them was very same both way, but this strategy ensured he acquired his ten yrs.
• Trevor Bauer dominated again last night, and he has put together an absurdly very good, Cy-Younger-caliber time with the Reds. Really a platform for the absolutely free-agent-to-be. Yet, there is a massive element of his time that proceeds to go undiscussed by the broader general public. I am also at a loss on this, which is referring to Bauer:
I guess I’m largely just not absolutely sure why steroid people are considered as if they attacked the very soul of baseball, but making use of foreign substances to outcome the way the ball moves is just met with a collective ¯_(ツ)_/¯
— mark folkloretta (@CTowersCBS) September 24, 2020
I just really don’t understand how this is not a more substantial tale, or how it is that Bauer was so open about it in the earlier, and this year is silent. It’s all just appropriate there, in general public see, waiting for a discussion. I am not searching for torches and pitchforks. Let us just pay back consideration. pic.twitter.com/wXq3Cl4sOv
— Bleacher Nation (@BleacherNation) September 24, 2020
• Bauer, you’ll recall, created a extremely general public situation about suspicious Astros pitcher actions a couple several years ago, and claimed the only way to include 400-ish RPMs to your fastball is by making use of an illegal grip enhancer (and he shown it for an inning just to show his place). Now, his spin rate has jumped 400 RPMs this calendar year, and he’s likely to get the Cy Younger. He *himself* in comparison this to working with steroids. What specifically are we carrying out that we’re not even conversing about it? Does MLB just not want the destructive notice that is inescapable, primarily specified the reality that SO Quite a few pitchers do it? Can we just modify the dang rule and make it authorized to have grip enhancers?
• Amazon’s many tablets are on sale right now if you want to get 1 on the affordable. #advert