NEW DELHI: The counting of votes for 81 assembly seats is underway in all 24 district headquarters in Jharkhand. The point out went to polls in 5 phases from November 30 to December twenty. In Jharkhand, the BJP is up from the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM)-led alliance which incorporates Congress and the Rashtriya Janata Dal. A social gathering/alliance would want to win 41 seats to kind a governing administration in the condition.
Below is a appear at the critical highlights from the condition —
- Early traits show a balanced guide for the alliance of Jharkhand Mukti Morcha and the Congress. At 8.30 am, the Congress-JMM alliance was major on 33 seats, while the BJP was foremost on 16 seats.
- Jharkhand is the 3rd BJP-dominated state following Haryana and Maharashtra that went to polls this year.
- When the JMM has fielded candidates in 43 seats, the Congress and the RJD are battling for 31 and 7 seats, respectively. The ruling social gathering has fielded its candidates in seventy nine out of the 81 seats. BJP has not fielded any candidate from All Jharkhand Students’ Union’s (AJSU’s) Sudesh Mahto, and is supporting a prospect in the remaining one particular constituency.
- The exits polls have indicated a marginal advantage to the JMM-led alliance and have pointed toward a hung Assembly.
- According to the Election Fee of India, the approximate voter turnout for all the eighty one Assembly constituencies across the five phases was 65.seventeen for every cent as as opposed to the 66.53 for each cent recorded in the 2014 elections.
- In the Lok Sabha elections held before this 12 months, BJP experienced bagged eleven seats out of fourteen in the state.