At this position, it’s a marvel how the regular video game the Seattle Seahawks played this month was against the Atlanta Falcons. That was a fairly fret-free of charge functionality, while the house game titles versus the New England Patriots and Dallas Cowboys needlessly went down to the wire and both of those demanded defensive stands to get the W.
A get is a acquire is a earn even with all of the injuries. It’s a 3- begin for the Seahawks for the to start with time due to the fact 2013. Let’s get to Winners and Losers.
This was an “off day” for Wilson in the perception that a few of his less complicated throws were not correct and two of the sacks he took had been totally his have performing. He nevertheless went 27/40 for 315 yards and 5 touchdowns. Would’ve had 6 if not for DK Metcalf’s blunder. Legend doesn’t even commence to describe Wilson at this stage.
The only motive he’s on right here is for the sport-successful landing, which rescued him from the Losers column for the reason that he was normally ineffective for substantially of the afternoon and price tag the crew a landing. You can’t remain mad at DK permanently though, as he’s a winner for the crunch time redemption on what was a ballsy get in touch with when Seattle only desired a discipline intention. I’ll expect Metcalf does not pull that silly shift at any time once more and that he’ll continue to keep producing into the celebrity receiver he’s destined to be.
9 catches for 100 yards and a trio of touchdowns where nary a Cowboy was in the vicinity of him. Dallas had no answers for him and when I beloved the Wilson-Doug Baldwin relationship for all of these a long time, dare I say Wilson-Lockett has surpassed that degree of wizardry and chemistry? They are seemingly always on the identical wavelength no matter of scenario.
Seattle does not win the sport if not for Olsen getting a tender location in Dallas’ zone defense on 4th and three on the winning landing push. Olsen had five catches for 61 yards on six targets, generating up for the dismal displaying the preceding 7 days.
Fantastic to see him even now get snaps even behind Olsen and Dissly. He was wide open for a touchdown and open up for a critical two-place conversion.
I’m not going to go into terrific depth about why he was inactive those people previous two months but I’m glad he was all set to go in this video game. He was really energetic in run support and had many pressures of Prescott, such as that substantial sack on the remaining travel. What a debut!
Promoted for a day, pressed into motion, and his influence was tackling Tony Pollard at the one to force the eventual security and then get the activity-sealing interception.
Reed had the pressure that led to Prescott’s initially interception and the sack that resulted in the fumble and recovery by Benson Mayowa to start the 2nd fifty percent. Seattle badly wanted that from Reed because inside pressure has been a problem.
He stepped up to the plate in Marquise Blair’s absence and has acquired far more snaps. The two passes defensed I feel both equally came on 3rd down and he was traveling to the ball to prevent routes at the line of scrimmage from starting to be greater performs. There was also the two-position conversion denial to stop the Cowboys from knotting it up at thirty-30. He is an underrated tackler and seems to be a extremely smart participant, which is vastly encouraging for the nickel corner/safety.
It’s legitimately great. Ezekiel Elliott has historically been a difficulty towards the Seahawks operate defense but right now they held him to just 34 yards on 14 carries, and Kellen Moore assisted the bring about by force feeding him the ball in the passing game to no outcome. Bryan Mone, Poona Ford, and Jarran Reed are all significant pieces of why this run protection has enhanced.
Tre BouquetsandShaquill Griffin
Griffin should get credit rating for his interception and Tre Flowers for the blocked PAT. They ended up both equally awful and if Seattle experienced much more secondary depth they have been equally bad adequate to justify a benching. I considered the Legion of Growth two. detail was overblown when the Jamal Adams trade was designed, but this 3-week extend solidifies that the secondary is also a key component of the cause the protection is inadequate. These are not inexperienced gamers any longer — Bouquets is in his third yr, Griffin is in his fourth yr, Quandre Diggs is in his sixth calendar year, and Jamal Adams is a 2x All-Pro in his fourth calendar year. Your most inexperienced player who’s healthy is Ugo Amadi, and he’s already been outlined as a winner.
Bouquets is just far too foot gradual. He does not have fantastic ball techniques and his lack of velocity also usually means he is effortless to defeat on comeback routes, slants, and deep balls. Griffin’s performances have regressed proper back to his 2018 kind. I am anxious.
Germain Ifedi seems to be thriving in Chicago as a proper guard. I was fantastic with not allowing him re-indication. Brandon Shell is regularly Seattle’s worst offensive lineman and he was having crushed in the 1st quarter by Dallas’ move rush and then fully commited a push-killing keeping penalty afterwards in the sport.
Two penalties to zero tackles. You really do not want that statline.
The running match
Seattle’s jogging backs mixed for 95 yards on 20 carries, with Russell Wilson finding 22 yards himself to make up the 117 yard whole. 37 of all those 95 running back again yards were being on the first a few carries. Carlos Hyde surely left yards on the field by stumbling on cutbacks, and Chris Carson frankly did not seem great involving the tackles even prior to his hugely regrettable injuries. Seattle had only 4 dashing first downs and one of them was a Wilson scramble. I’m a little bit worried about this rushing attack, specifically as I’m not definitely confident this is generally an offensive line issue.
This is a person from the Dallas Cowboys, which is one thing I are inclined not to do for W&L. But if I dependent my observation on solely this game, he is a filthy player. This was damn in the vicinity of a leglock endeavor on Chris Carson that wounded his knee.
Then he blasted Russell Wilson with a helmet to helmet shot on the two-stage conversion late in the match. He desires a hefty wonderful for that nonsense due to the fact the Carson personal injury was significantly hazardous and egregious.
- K.J. Wright can even now play downhill but his age is starting to present even covering limited ends. Now in fairness to him, the actuality that Cedrick Wilson Jr was matched up on him was not his fault even though and thoroughly unacceptable scheming that these kinds of a mismatch occurred. Wright continue to had two TFLs and he’s quite a lot continue to a display whisperer.
- Shaquem Griffin seemed superb in the two-minute drill to conclusion the video game. He practically received a strip sack of Prescott a number of performs right before the Neal interception. He’ll revert again to the practice squad for every NFL principles but he needs to just be on the lively roster likely forward.
- Freddie Swain experienced a capture on his only focus on and twice drew penalties on the Cowboys secondary.
- Benson Mayowa had a good match and just about had a sack of his have. Operative is virtually since Prescott is difficult to deliver down and Seattle is not authorized to have consecutive sacks.
- Even with the accidents on the offensive line, I considered the pass security held up far better than the 4 sacks recommended.
- Dallas’ particular teams was a mess but the Seahawks’ ST continues to be vastly enhanced from a long time earlier. The return sport was unimpressive but Michael Dickson was stable with his punts and the return coverage carries on to be stout.
- I have no self-assurance that this defense can even prevent the Miami Dolphins and Ryan Fitzpatrick. They could have no selection but to hold participating in shootout soccer indefinitely.
- Brian Schottenheimer continues to dial up beautiful goal-line passing plays that continuously scheme receivers no cost. These are lay-ups for any NFL quarterback but for Russell Wilson it’s just unfair.
- To start with put in the NFC West. Seems good, does not it?